The leap of thinking: The phenomenological attitude that distances us from the metaphysical wandering
Heidegger’s late writings make constant allusion to a way of thinking that differs from metaphysics. While in metaphysical thinking we wander away from being, in the new thinking we are only in relation to being. For Heidegger, the only way to get out of the first and reach the second one is through a leap. This paper aims to clarify why there is only one way to access this new way of thinking and to defend that this is the radicalization of the phenomenological maxim. To achieve this goal, the paper characterizes metaphysical thinking as erratic thinking; next, it characterizes the leap, understood as a sudden step to the unconcealment of being; and finally, it presents the consequences of these characterizations and the contrast between them.
Castañeda, J. (2012). Dios y Ser Una aproximación desde Eckhart y Heidegger. Teología Y Sociedad, 9, 107-127. Recuperado de: https://revistas.javerianacali.edu.co/index.php/teologiaysociedad/article/view/373
Dahlin, B. (2009). On the Path Towards Thinking: Learning from Martin Heidegger and Rudolf Steiner. Studies in Philosophy and Education, 28(6), 537-554 https://doi.org/10.1007/s11217-009-9147-1
Filippi, S. (2003). Martin Heidegger y la mística eckhartiana. Invenio, 6(11), 33-39. Recuperado de: https://www.redalyc.org/articulo.oa?id=87761104
Haar, M. (1993). Heidegger and the Essence of Man (W. McNeil, Trad.). Albany: State University of New York Press.
Heidegger, M. (1954). Was heisst Denken? Tübingen: Max Niemeyer Verlag.
Heidegger, M. (1976). Wegmarken. Frankfurt am Main: Klostermann.
Heidegger, M. (1990). Identidad y diferencia (H. Cortés y A. Leyte, Trads.). Barcelona: Anthropos.
Heidegger, M. (2001). De la esencia de la verdad. Hitos (H. Cortés y A. Leyte, Trads.). Madrid: Alianza Editoral.
Heidegger, M. (2003a). Aportes a la filosofía. Acerca del evento (D. Picotti, Trad.). Buenos Aires: Biblos.
Heidegger, M. (2003b). La proposición del fundamento (F. Duque y J. Pérez, Trads.). Barcelona: Ediciones del Serbal.
Heidegger, M. (2003c). Ser y tiempo (J. Rivera, Trad.). Madrid: Trotta.
Heidegger, M. (2006a). Carta sobre el humanismo (H. Cortés y A. Leyte, Trads.). Madrid: Alianza Editorial.
Heidegger, M. (2006b). Identität und Differenz. Frankfurt am Main: Klostermann.
Heidegger, M. (2008). ¿Qué significa pensar? (R. Gabás, Trad.). Madrid: Trotta.
Pöggeler, O. (1993). El camino del pensar de Heidegger (F. Duque, Trad.). Madrid: Alianza Editorial.
Schürmann, R. (1987). Heidegger on Being and Acting: From Principles to Anarchy (C-M. Gros y R. Schürmann, Trads.). Bloomington: Indiana University Press.
Seeburger, F. (1975). Heidegger and the phenomenological reduction. Philosophy and Phenomenological Research, 36(2), 212-221. http://dx.doi.org/10.2307/2107054
Veraza, P. (2016). El pensar del Ereignis de Heidegger como otra fenomenología. Método e inicio del camino. Franciscanum, 58(165), 89-116. http://doi.org/10.21500/01201468.2184
Copyright (c) 2020 Juan Sebastián Ortiz López
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
1. The Author retains copyright in the Work, where the term "Work" shall include all digital objects that may result in subsequent electronic publication or distribution.
2. Upon acceptance of the Work, the author shall grant to the Publisher the right of first publication of the Work.
3. The Author shall grant to the Publisher a nonexclusive perpetual right and license to publish, archive, and make accessible the Work in whole or in part in all forms of media now or hereafter known under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoCommercia-ShareAlike (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0), or its equivalent, which, for the avoidance of doubt, allows others to copy, distribute, and transmit the Work under the following conditions: (a) Attribution: Other users must attribute the Work in the manner specified by the author as indicated on the journal Web site;(b) Noncommercial: Other users (including Publisher) may not use this Work for commercial purposes;
4. The Author is able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the nonexclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the Work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), as long as there is provided in the document an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal;
5. Authors are permitted, and Estudios de Filosofía promotes, to post online the preprint manuscript of the Work in institutional repositories or on their Websites prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (see The Effect of Open Access). Any such posting made before acceptance and publication of the Work is expected be updated upon publication to include a reference to the Estudios de Filosofía's assigned URL to the Article and its final published version in Estudios de Filosofía.