Revista Facultad de Ingenieria started in 1984 and is a publication of the School of Engineering at the University of Antioquia.
The main objective of the journal is to promote and stimulate the publishing of national and international scientific research results. The journal publishes original articles, resulting from scientific research, experimental and or simulation studies in engineering sciences, technology, and similar disciplines (Electronics, Telecommunications, Bioengineering, Biotechnology, Electrical, Computer Science, Mechanical, Chemical, Environmental, Materials, Sanitary, Civil and Industrial Engineering).
In exceptional cases, the journal will publish insightful articles related to current important subjects, or revision articles representing a significant contribution to the contextualization of the state of the art in a known relevant topic. Case reports will only be published when those cases are related to studies in which the validity of a methodology is being proven for the first time, or when a significant contribution to the knowledge of an unexplored system can be proven.
All published articles have undergone a peer review process, carried out by experts recognized for their knowledge and contributions to the relevant field.
To adapt the Journal to international standards and to promote the visibility of the published articles; and therefore, to have a greater impact in the global academic community, after November 1st 2013, the journal will accept only manuscripts written in English for reviewing and publication.
Revista Facultad de Ingeniería –redin is entirely financed by University of Antioquia
Since 2015, every article accepted for publication in the journal is assigned a DOI number.
The articles published in Revista Facultad de Ingenieria are indexed or summarized by:
- Emerging Sources Citation Index (Thomson Reuters-Web of Science)
- Red de Revistas Científicas de América Latina y el Caribe, España y Portugal –Redalyc-
- Red Colombiana de Revistas de Ingeniería-RCRI-
- Chemical Abstract Plus- CAplus-
- J Gate Plus
- Cengage Learning, Inc
- SCImago Journal Rank –SJR-
- Scientific Indexing Services (SIS) Texas
- Índice Nacional de Publicaciones Seriadas, Científicas y Tecnológicas de Colciencias –PUBLINDEX-
- Índice de Revistas Latinoamericanas en Ciencias-PERIODICA-
- Índice Internacional en Ciencia y Tecnología -ACTUALIDAD IBEROAMERICANA-
- Sistema Regional de Información en Línea para Revistas Científicas de América Latina, el Caribe, España y Portugal-LATINDEX-
- SciFinder a CAS Solution
- Scientific Electronic Library Online –SCielo Colombia-
- Proquest CSA
- Elektronische Zeitschriftenbibliothek EZB
- Red Iberoamericana de Innovación y Conocimiento Científico REDIB
- Google Scholar
- Biblioteca Nacional
- Biblioteca Universidad de Antioquia
- Biblioteca Digital Colombiana
The journal has quarterly periodicity, it is published during the periods January-March, April-June, July-September, October-December. Once the editing processes of each issue have been completed, it will be available on the journal's website and social networks.
Universidad de Antioquia and the School of Engineering finance the total of the administrative and operational costs of the Revista Facultad de Ingeniería.