The Revista Facultad de Ingeniería is committed to being a part of the open-access movement, providing free access to scholarly publications, open-access databases, repositories, directories, in which the journal is indexed through its webpage:https://revistas.udea.
Revista Facultad de Ingeniería, Universidad de Antioquia is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution BY-NC-SA 4.0 license. The material published in the journal can be distributed, copied and exhibited by third parties if the respective credits are given to the journal. No commercial benefit can be obtained and derivative works must be under the same license terms as the original work.
This journal does not charge any submission fee nor article-processing charge (APC). Both processes are completely free of charge
1. The manuscript is an original work and it has not been published before and it is not under consideration for publication by another Journal, in English and in foreign languages, in all format and media of expression, including printed or electronic versions.
2. The authors grant their patrimonial rights to the journal in the Copyright Transfer Agreement and Authorship Statement in order to allow legal dissemination through open access to databases and repositories. They may distribute the article, indicating that it was published by the Revista Facultad de Ingeniería, Universidad de Antioquia including the correspondent DOI. This transfer of rights allows and recommends authors to share the published article through academic networks, institutional repositories, and others, such as Mendeley, ResearchGate, Academia.edu, or personal web pages, once the publication process has been completed. This, in turn, leads to an increased number of citations and interesting academic exchanges of the published work.
3. Authors are required to obtain all necessary permissions to reproduce any copyrighted material (including pictures and diagrams) in their article. When photographs or personal data are to be reproduced either in printed or digital formats, a copy of these written permissions should be attached to their submission.
4. Authors must declare that all authors have read and approved the final version of the submitted manuscript along with the Copyright Transfer Agreement and Authorship Statement, which must be signed by all authors.
1. Authors can archive the pre-print version (i.e., the version prior to peer review) and post-print version (that is, the final version after peer review and layout process) on their personal website, institutional repository and / or thematic repository.
2. Upon acceptance of an article, it will be published online through the page of the Journal in PDF version with its correspondent DOI identifier.
Revista Facultad de Ingeniería of the University of Antioquia -redin- implements strategies performed to ensure the long-term preservation of digital materials using OJS, including published articles, database of evaluators, authors database, the focus and scope of the Journal, section policies, peer evaluation process, open access policy, ethics declaration and good editorial practices , editorial processes, guidelines for evaluators, guidelines for authors, author rights, privacy statement and other relevant information. The Journal has a backup system provided by the central support staff of the Universidad de Antioquia journal system, stored weekly in an Institutional Network Attached Storage (NAS). Revista Facultad de Ingeniería uses the PKP Preservation Network that provides free archiving services for journals meeting the criteria.