Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published or sent to another journal. Otherwise an explanation has been provided in the "Comments to the Editor".
- The file is sent in Microsoft Word 2003-2010 format or docx.
- The author/s has/have provided web addresses (URLs) for references consulted from the internet.
- The text has spacing 1.5 points, the font size is between 11 and 12 points, italics are used instead underlined (except internet sites URL), and all figures and tables are within the text and not at the end of the manuscript.
- The text accords with stylistic and bibliographic requirements specified in the Author Guidelines. In particular, the references follow the APA style.
- If the paper is submitted to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the author's name and afiliation should be removed from the manuscript.
- The author has a PhD or a Master degree.
In the OJS system: the author must submit a file with a brief intellectual biography, with the following information: name and surname; completed institutional affiliation (university, faculty, research group); studies (degrees obtained, institution); recently published books and articles; areas of expertise; e-mail and ORCID.
Original or Research articles
This document presents results from a research project. Its structure generally contains four important parts: introduction, analysis, discussion and conclusion. Word limit: 10000 words, including footnotes and references.
The document presents results from a research project from an analytical, critical or interpretative point of view. Word limit: 7000-9000, including footnotes and references.
In this section, a critical note will be published by number on a recently published article and the author's reply (in case s/he agrees to respond to the criticism). These are short texts (1500 words maximum) that comment or discuss articles published in the last three years.
The document presents and criticizes a recently published book. Word limit: 2000 words, including footnotes and references.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
1. The Author retains copyright in the Work, where the term "Work" shall include all digital objects that may result in subsequent electronic publication or distribution.
2. Upon acceptance of the Work, the author shall grant to the Publisher the right of first publication of the Work.
3. The Author shall grant to the Publisher a nonexclusive perpetual right and license to publish, archive, and make accessible the Work in whole or in part in all forms of media now or hereafter known under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoCommercia-ShareAlike (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0), or its equivalent, which, for the avoidance of doubt, allows others to copy, distribute, and transmit the Work under the following conditions: (a) Attribution: Other users must attribute the Work in the manner specified by the author as indicated on the journal Web site;(b) Noncommercial: Other users (including Publisher) may not use this Work for commercial purposes;
4. The Author is able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the nonexclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the Work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), as long as there is provided in the document an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal;
5. Authors are permitted, and Estudios de Filosofía promotes, to post online the preprint manuscript of the Work in institutional repositories or on their Websites prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (see The Effect of Open Access). Any such posting made before acceptance and publication of the Work is expected be updated upon publication to include a reference to the Estudios de Filosofía's assigned URL to the Article and its final published version in Estudios de Filosofía.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.