The relationship between knowledge management and creativity in bachelor degree compared to master degree nursing students
Objective To investigate the relationship between knowledge management and creativity in undergraduate compared with master degree nursing students.
Methods This cross-sectional study was conducted with nursing students of the faculty of nursing and midwifery in an urban area in the southeast of Iran from August 2017 to January 2018. In this study, 180 students were selected using a simple random sampling method (Bachelor degree=120 and Master degree=60). Data was collected using the Nonaka and Takeuchi̛s knowledge management and Randsip's Creativity questionnaires.
Results There was a direct and significant relationship between knowledge management and creativity in the students (r=0.47 in Bachelor degree and r=0.36 in Master degree). The mean scores of knowledge management dimensions and creativity were higher in the master degree students.
Conclusion. There was a relationship between knowledge management and creativity in the bachelor and master degree students. It is necessary to corroborate the Efforts for the implementation of strategies for the knowledge management in all its dimensions. Therefore, the education environment can help with the development of students’ knowledge and skills.
How to cite this article: Tehranineshat B, Rakhshan M. The relationship between knowledge management and creativity in bachelor degree compared to master degree nursing students. Invest. Educ. Enferm. 2018; 36(3):e05.
(1) Hassanian ZM, Ahanchian MR, Ahmadi S, Gholizadeh RH, Karimi-Moonaghi H. Knowledge creation in nursing education. Glob. J. Health Sci. 2015; 7(2):44-55.
(2) Anderson JA, Willson P. Knowledge management: organizing nursing care knowledge. Crit. Care Nurs. Q. 2009; 32(1):1-9.
(3) Laal M. Knowledge management in higher education. Procedia Comput. Sci. 2011 ;3:544-9.
(4) Hassanian ZM, Ahanchian MR, Karimi-Moonaghi H. Can Knowledge Management Be Implemented in the Teaching of Medical Sciences? Acta Fac. Med. Naiss. 2015; 32(4):231242.
(5) Hsu I, Sabherwal R. Relationship between intellectual capital and knowledge management: an empirical investigation. Decis. Sci. 2012; 43(3):489-524.
(6) Jones JH, Morris LV. Evaluation of critical thinking skills in an associate degree nursing program. Teach. Learn. Nurs. 2007;2(4):109-15.
(7) Kothari A, Rudman D, Dobbins M, Rouse M, Sibbald S, Edwards N. The use of tacit and explicit knowledge in public health: a qualitative study. Implement Sci. 2012; 7(1):20.
(8) Revere D, Turner AM, Madhavan A, Rambo N, Bugni PF, Kimball A, et al. Understanding the information needs of public health practitioners: a literature review to inform design of an interactive digital knowledge management system. J. Biomed Inform. 2007; 40(4):410421.
(9) Rocha ESB,Nagliate P, Furlan CEB, Jr KR, Trevizan MA, Mendes Iac. Knowledge management in health: A systematic literature review. Rev. Latino-Am. Enfermagem. 2012; 20(2):392-400.
(10) Baezat S, Aflakifard H, Shahidi N. The relationship between knowledge management and self-efficacy and creativity of teacher centers Before Elementary school. IRJABS. 2017;7(4):169-184.
(11) Xu D, Wang D, editors. The Effects of Knowledge Management on the Process of Employee Innovation within Organizations. 2014 International Conference on Management, Education and Social Science (ICMESS 2014); 2014: Atlantis Press.
(12) Ahmadvand A, Movahedi M, Ghazizzadehfard SX, Mohammad Pour S. Designing Knowledge Management Systems of Health-Oriented Organization. Iran. J. Nurs. Res. 2017; 12(4):76-82.
(13) Soltan Hosseini M, Mousavi Z. The survey of relative ratio of knowledge management on organizational health in Esfahan Physical Education Offices. Sport Motor Sci. Res. 2013;2(3):51-71.
(14) Hossaingholizadeh R, Shaabanivarki B, Mortazavi S. Relationship between organizational culture and knowledge management in higher education (Case: Ferdowsi University of Mashad, Iran). Stud. Educ. Psycholog. 2005; 10,6:5-27.
(15) Taghi L, Khajeey S, Mahmoudi AM. Investigation of the strategies to promote teachers creativity through the educational principals of education department of Razan city of Iran. J. Appl. Environ.Biol.Sci. 2012; 2(12), 658-70.
(16) Poursoltani H, Iraji R. The relationship between knowledge management and employees creativity in physical education organization of Ferdowsi University of Mashhad. J. Hum. Resour. Manag. Sport. 2014; 1(1):61-71.
(17) Yaghoubi M, Javadi M, Agharahimi Z. The Relationship between Knowledge Management and Demographic Features of Students in Isfahan University of Medical Sciences. Iran. J. Med. Educ. 2010; 10(5):831-8.
(18) Lunden A, Teräs M, Kvist T, Häggman‐Laitila A. A systematic review of factors influencing knowledge management and the nurse leaders’ role. J. Nurs. Manag. 2017; 25(6):407-20.
(19) Tavakoli Z, Gandomani TJ. Adaptation of Nanoka’s and Takeuchi’s knowledge management model to Scrum roles. Int. J. Softw. Eng.Technol. 2016; 2(1):16-9.
(20) Sadegi-Gandomani HR. Delaramm, Nasiri-Ziba F, Naseri-Boroujeni N. Assessment the creative skills of nursing students and nurses in the intensive care units of hospitals govered by Tehran University of Medical Sciences. Res. Med. Educ. 2015; 7(3):11-6
(21) Rogal SM, Young J. Eaploring critical thinking in critical care nursing education. J. Contin. Educ. Nurs. 2008; 39(1):28-33.
(22) Rezaei Z, Rezaei A, Lati M. Survey the role of management on the creativity and innovation to create sustainable competitive advantage for organization. Indian J. Fundament Appli. Life Sci. 2015; 5(S1):1830-6.
(23) Kör B, Maden C. The relationship between knowledge management and innovation in Turkish service and high-tech firms. Int. J. Bus. Soc. Sci. 2013; 4(4):293-304.
(24) Kamaşak R, Bulutlar F. The influence of knowledge sharing on innovation. Eur. Bus Rev. 2010; 22(3):306-17.
(25) Ha S-T, Lo M-C, Wang Y-C. Relationship between knowledge management and organizational performance: a test on SMEs in Malaysia. Procedia Soc. Behav. Sci. 2016; 224:184-9.
Derechos de propiedad / Direitos de Propriedade
English: If the article is accepted for publication, all copyright will be of exclusive property of Investigación y Educación en Enfermería. The text and the graphics included in the publication are exclusive responsibility of the authors and not necessarily reflect the thought of the Editorial Committee.
Español: Si el artículo es aprobado para publicación, todos los derechos son de propiedad de Investigación y Educación en Enfermería. El texto y las gráficas incluidas en la publicación son de exclusiva responsabilidad de los autores y no necesariamente refleja el pensamiento del Comité Editorial.
Português: Se o artigo for aceito para publicação, todos os direitos autorais serão de propriedade exclusiva de Investigación y Educación en Enfermería. O texto e os gráficos incluídos na publicação são de responsabilidade exclusiva dos autores e não refletem necessariamente o pensamento do Comitê Editorial.