Potencial ameloblastomatoso del quiste dentígero en niños: reporte clinico-patológico de un caso
Keywords:Dentigerous cyst, Ameloblastoma, Ameloblastic transformation
The purpose of this report was to review the available literature and to compilate the clinical, pathological and radiological information about a case in which happened a transformation of a dentigerous cyst into an ameloblastoma. The features of both lesions were analysed for determining the veracity of the ameloblastomatous potencial of the dentigerous cyst. The possibility that the lesion had been from the beginning a misdiagnosed neoplasm, is still been discussed and the therapeutic success when given a conservative approach due to patient´s age.
2. Chidzonga MM. Ameloblastoma in children . Oral Surg Oral med Oral Pathol. 1996; 81 (2): 168-70.
3. Mehlisch DR., Dahlin DC, Masson JK. Ameloblastoma: a clinicopathologic report. J Oral Surg. 1972; 30 (1): 9-22
4. Small IA, Waldron AC. Ameloblastoma of the jaws. Oral Surg. 1986; 8: 554.
5. Spinnazze Russel. Ameloblastoma comprehensive diagnosis and treatment. Chicago. University of Illinois. 1996.
6. Small IA, Waldron AC. Ameloblastoma of the jaws. J Oral Surg. 1955; 8: 281-297.
7. Tanaka N, Murata A, Yamaguchi Akohama G. Clinical features and management of oral and maxillofacial tumors in children. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol. 1999; 88 (1): 11-15
8. Monk, Taylor F. Treatment of ameloblastoma by conservative surgery. J Oral Surg Anesth Hosp Dent Serv. 1964. 22 (2): 171-177.
9. Leibur E, Tamme T, Lepp E. The ameloblastomatous potentiality of odontogenous epithelium demostrated in tissue culture. Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 1999; 28 (supl 1): 34
10. Guven O, Keskin U, Akal K. The incidence of cysts and tumors around impacted third molars. Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2000; 29 (2): 131-135.
11. Olaitan AA, Arole EO, Adekeye. Recurrent ameloblastoma of the jaws. Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 1998; 27(6): 456-460.
12. Leider AS, Eversole LR Berkin ME. Cystic ameloblastoma. A clinicopathologic analisis. Oral Surg Oral med Oral Pathol. 1985; 60 (6): 624-30.
13. Philipsen HP, Reichert PA. Unicystic ameloblastoma. A review of 193 cases from the literature. Oral oncol. 1998; 34: 317-25
14. Takahashi K, Miyauchi K, Sato K. Treatment of ameloblastoma in children. Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 1998; 36 (6):453-456.
15. Ueno S, Mushimoto K, Shirasu R. Prognostic evaluation of ameloblastoma based on histologic and radiographic typing. J Oral maxillofac Surg. 1989; 47(1): 11-15.
16. Kramer IRH. Ameloblastoma : a clinicopathological appraisal. Br J Oral Surg. 1963; 1(1): 13-28.
17. Patología del esqueleto óseo facial. En: Raspall G. Cirugía Maxilofacial. Madrid: Medica Panamericana; 1997. p. 238-239.
18. Reichart PA, Philipsen HP Soner S. Ameloblastoma: biological profile de 3677 cases. Oral Onco Eur Cancer. 1995; 31: 86-96.
19. Benevenia J. Imaging rounds. Multifocal adamantinoma of tibia and fibula. Orthop Rev. 1992; 21(8): 996-1000
20. Arita E. Ameloblastic transformation of an odontogenic cyst. Rev Odontol Univ Sao Paulo. 1990; 4: 76-80.
21. Saku T. Lecitin histochemistry of cystic jaw lesions: and aid for differential diagnosis between cystic ameloblastoma and odontogenic cysts. J Oral Pathol Med. 1991; 20: 108-13
22. Feinberg SE, Steinberg B. Surgical management of ameloblastoma. Oral Surg Oral med Oral Pathol. 1996; 81(4): 383-8
23. Isaacsson G, Andersson L, Forssulund H, Bodin I, Thomsson M. Diagnosis and treatment of unicystic ameloblastoma. Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 1986; 15(6): 759-64.
How to Cite
Copyright comprises moral and patrimonial rights.
1. Moral rights: are born at the moment of the creation of the work, without the need to register it. They belong to the author in a personal and unrelinquishable manner; also, they are imprescriptible, unalienable and non negotiable. Moral rights are the right to paternity of the work, the right to integrity of the work, the right to maintain the work unedited or to publish it under a pseudonym or anonymously, the right to modify the work, the right to repent and, the right to be mentioned, in accordance with the definitions established in article 40 of Intellectual property bylaws of the Universidad (RECTORAL RESOLUTION 21231 of 2005).
2. Patrimonial rights: they consist of the capacity of financially dispose and benefit from the work trough any mean. Also, the patrimonial rights are relinquishable, attachable, prescriptive, temporary and transmissible, and they are caused with the publication or divulgation of the work. To the effect of publication of articles in the journal Revista de la Facultad de Odontología, it is understood that Universidad de Antioquia is the owner of the patrimonial rights of the contents of the publication.
The content of the publications is the exclusive responsibility of the authors. Neither the printing press, nor the editors, nor the Editorial Board will be responsible for the use of the information contained in the articles.
I, we, the author(s), and through me (us), the Entity for which I, am (are) working, hereby transfer in a total and definitive manner and without any limitation, to the Revista Facultad de Odontología Universidad de Antioquia, the patrimonial rights corresponding to the article presented for physical and digital publication. I also declare that neither this article, nor part of it has been published in another journal.
Open Access Policy
The articles published in our Journal are fully open access, as we consider that providing the public with free access to research contributes to a greater global exchange of knowledge.
Creative Commons License
The Journal offers its content to third parties without any kind of economic compensation or embargo on the articles. Articles are published under the terms of a Creative Commons license, known as Attribution – NonCommercial – Share Alike (BY-NC-SA), which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided that the original work is properly cited and that the new productions are licensed under the same conditions.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.