Aristotle’s Metaphysics: A guide for reading
The text of this article seeks, in the first part, to give bill of some historical events that have accompanied decanting of Aristotle’s work, pointing out the interpretations, difficulties and suppositions generated by the name: Metaphysics. Later on, some fundamental points are pointed out on the historical interpretation of the Aristotelian work, as well as those registered of such interpretive turns. Lastly, the author suggests an even guide for the reader, determining what would be the unitary body of the work, the annexes and the complements whose attentive reading should give the philosophical force ofthe thinker of Estagyre.
Aristotle’s Metaphysics. Edición, traducción y comentario de W. D. Ross, 2 vol., Oxford, 1923.
Aristotelis Metaphysica. Edición de W. Jaeger, Oxford, 1957. Traducciones españolas.
Metafísica. Traducción de Hernán Zucchi, Buenos Aires, 1978; 2a. ed., 2000.
Metafísica de Aristóteles. Edición de V. García Yebra, 2a. ed., Madrid, 1982.
Metafísica. Introducción, traducción y notas de T. Calvo Martínez, Madrid, 1994.
AUBENQUE, Pierre. El problema del ser en Aristóteles. Madrid, 1981.
BARNES, J. (ed). The Cambridge Companion to Aristotle. Cambridge, 1995.
BOSTOCK, David. Aristotle metaphysics. Books Z and H translated with a commentary. Oxford, 1994.
CANDEL SANMARTÍN, Miguel. Aristóteles y el sistema del saber, en: GARCÍA GUAL, C. (ed). Historia de la Filosofa Antigua. Madrid, 1997.
DUMOULIN, Bernard. Analyse génétique de la Métaphysique d’Aristote. Montreal-Paris, 1986.
DÜRING Ingemar. Aristóteles. México, 1990.
Encyclopédie Philosophique Universelle, 6 vol, Paris, 1992 ss.
GUTHRIE, W. K. C. Historia de la Filosofía Griega. Madrid, 1993, vol 6.
JAEGER, Werner. Aristóteles, bases para la historia de su desarrollo intelectual. México, 1946.
KIRWAN, Christopher. Aristotle’s Metaphysics books f A, E. Translated with notes, Oxford, 1971.
OÑATE Y ZUBIA, Teresa. El criticismo aristotélico en el siglo XX: hacia un cambio de paradigma, en: Logos, 1,1998, p. 251-269.
REALE, Giovanni. Guía de lectura de la Metafísica de Aristóteles. Barcelona, 1999. The Oxford Classical Dictionary, 3a. ed., Oxford, 1996.
Copyright (c) 2001 Fabio Ramírez Muñoz
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
1. The Author retains copyright in the Work, where the term "Work" shall include all digital objects that may result in subsequent electronic publication or distribution.
2. Upon acceptance of the Work, the author shall grant to the Publisher the right of first publication of the Work.
3. The Author shall grant to the Publisher a nonexclusive perpetual right and license to publish, archive, and make accessible the Work in whole or in part in all forms of media now or hereafter known under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoCommercia-ShareAlike (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0), or its equivalent, which, for the avoidance of doubt, allows others to copy, distribute, and transmit the Work under the following conditions: (a) Attribution: Other users must attribute the Work in the manner specified by the author as indicated on the journal Web site;(b) Noncommercial: Other users (including Publisher) may not use this Work for commercial purposes;
4. The Author is able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the nonexclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the Work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), as long as there is provided in the document an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal;
5. Authors are permitted, and Estudios de Filosofía promotes, to post online the preprint manuscript of the Work in institutional repositories or on their Websites prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (see The Effect of Open Access). Any such posting made before acceptance and publication of the Work is expected be updated upon publication to include a reference to the Estudios de Filosofía's assigned URL to the Article and its final published version in Estudios de Filosofía.