Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published partially or completely, nor has it been submitted for consideration to another journal (otherwise an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in an editable format, such as OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF.
- The manuscript is submitted in its optimal condition, to the best of the author(s)'s knowledge, so that no substantial amendments will need to be done after the manuscript has been accepted for publication, other than those suggested by reviewers or deemed necessary by the editors.
- The manuscript is within the focus and scope of Íkala.
- The manuscript falls within one of the categories accepted by the journal (Empirical Studies, Methodological Articles, Theoretical Articles, Case Studies, Literature Reviews, Book Reviews).
- The length of the manuscript is as stipulated in the Author Guidelines and corresponds to the type of manuscript being submitted.
- The abstract has the length and structure indicated (see Style Guidelines and Writing the Title, Abstracts and Keywords).
- Abstracts, keywords and references have been registered in the metadata of the platform as well as in the manuscript itself.
- Proper names of persons or institutions that may reveal the identity of the authors have been deleted or replaced by a pseudonym (in the case of the institution), or by the word "author" (in the case of citations and references).
- If there are research participants or data were collected from people, institutional endorsement, or informed consent duly signed by the participants, have been uploaded separately. In addition, a note has been included in the Method section explicitly stating how ethical standards of research were followed and how informed consent from the research participants was obtained. Without these documents and note the manuscript will not be reviewed.
- The informed consents comply with guidelines for presenting this form agreed on by the scientific community (see, for example, APA Ethics Code; APA, 2017ª, Standard 8: Research and Publication - https://www.apa.org/ethics/code/ethics-code-2017.pdf) o el Manual of Procedures of the Ethics Committee in Research in Social Sciences, Humanities and Arts –CEI-CSHA- http://www.udea.edu.co/wps/wcm/connect/udea/2a376beb-d8e5-4690-bd20-df2f95d8700c/Manual-procedimientos.pdf?MOD=AJPERES&CVID=mC8MegT).
- The author has permission to reproduce any tables or figures that might be included from another source in the manuscript. This permission is in written form and is produced by the copyright holder. The author has acknowledged the source.
- The manuscript contains all the required sections and these are structured correctly (see Style Guidelines and Guidelines for Writing Specific Sections of the Manuscript).
- In the case of including self-citations, these do not exceed 10% of all the material cited throughout the manuscript. The self-citations are cited correctly, since not doing is also considered plagiarism.
- The language used in the manuscript is inclusive, recognizes diversity, conveys respect for all people, is sensitive to differences, and promotes equal opportunities.
The authors that publish in this journal accept the following conditions:
Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
NonCommercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
Share alike — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any third party.